If you are happy with your current job, that’s awesome. But if you are thinking about a change, or maybe even a move within your current company, check out some of these help-wanted listings.
- Sr. Software Engineer, Kubernetes: An artificial intelligence research institute in Seattle is looking for senior engineers with Kubernetes experience to modernize our cloud infrastructure, Seattle, WA, $142k-$214k (Glassdoor estimate.) Source.
- DevOps Engineer – GCP, Kubernetes, Python: Revolutionize the video monitoring industry by using cloud solutions…Kubernetes (MUST HAVE), Python, Microservices (MUST HAVE), Irvine, CA. Posted at $140,000 – $175,000. Source.
- Dev Ops Engineer: Someone who is not afraid to take charge and lead the DevOps technical practices with a strong CI/CD mindset….Experience with Docker/Kubernetes. Denver CO. Posted at $100000 – $140000 per annum. Source.
- REMOTE Big Data Developer: You should be awesome at: In-depth understanding to instrument infrastructure as code via CFN templates, Ansible, container orchestration via Docker, ECS, Kubernetes in the cloud, Saint Louis, MO. Posted at $73/hr. Source.
These job postings all have one thing in common: Kubernetes. And if you’re looking for a qwik and effective way to get Kubernetes training (plus a credential for your resume), Qwiklabs can help!
Enroll in the Kubernetes in the Google Cloud Quest and earn a Google badge to list on your resume and LinkedIn. This 7-lab quest give you hands-on experience with core Kubernetes concepts. Here’s some of what you will do:
- Intro to Docker (my favorite GCP lab so far, and the first lab in the Quest): Want some practice with basic Docker container environment commands? Create, run, and debug containers, and learn to pull and push images to and from Google Container Registry.
- Hello Node Kubernetes: 4+ star average, turn your code into a replicated application running on Kubernetes. You’ll create a Node.js app, create a Docker container from it, deploy it to Google Container Engine, and scale it up.
- Continuous Delivery with Jenkins in Google Container Engine: Another 4+ star lab, set up a continuous delivery pipeline using Jenkins running in the Google Container Engine (GKE). You will deploy and completely configure Jenkins running in GKE, set up a Jenkins pipeline, and exercise the dev – deploy process. Set aside at least an hour for this deep dive!