Are you planning to be at AWS re:Invent in November? qwikLABS is going, and we hope to see you there!
This is the first in a series of posts we’ll write leading up to the event. You will see all kinds of information, from packing lists to treasure maps. Today’s topic? How to get your ticket.
The easiest way, of course, is to register.
- Register here. At the moment, it looks like you can pay via credit card or Amazon Payment.
- Looking for employer sponsorship? Here’s a request letter template you can use.
- Take a look at the AWS re:Invent 2016 session offerings for a preview of what you’ll be able to do!
Looking for a challenge? There are a few ways to get to re:Invent for less…
Win a ticket with the Serverless Chat Bot Competition
- The challenge: Build a chat bot and win a ticket to re:Invent 2016! 8 tickets (plus other goodies) are up for grabs.
- Deadline: Sept. 29
- Click here for official details from the AWS team.
- Wondering where to start? Sign up for a free webinar from AWS. The webinar promises in-depth exploration of the skills you’ll need to master to build your own chat bot.
- … and finally, qwikLABS can help you learn to build a serverless chat bot! (Handy, eh?) With this Slack Chat Bot lab, you’ll get step-by-step instructions and a template for creating a chat bot. You can customize it to your heart’s content, then use it to enter the competition!
Earn the Alexa Developer Discount
- The deal: Be an Alexa developer (qwikLABS can help with that!) and get a $150 discount.
- Deadline: Register by Sept. 8
- Click here for official details from the Alexa team.
- There’s a lab for that – actually there are several! Click here to pick from four different labs (each one deals with a different skill type). The Alexa labs provide detailed instructions for getting a skill up and running, including a template you can customize to publish your own skill.
- Wondering where to start? Check out my Alexa experience – developing an Alexa skill was fun 🙂
If we find other nifty competitions or promos, we’ll be sure to share them. Good luck!