Have you heard of IIoT, Industrial Internet of Things? Enterprise companies are discovering and experimenting with IoT in industries from manufacturing to energy to automobiles. As companies recognize more consumer and industrial uses for IoT, demand for IoT expertise is rising.
Set yourself apart by earning the new Google Cloud IoT badge. Click the link below to enroll by Friday, October 12, and you will get a free 30-day pass to the entire Qwiklabs lab catalog, including the new IoT labs. Think you can earn the badge in 30 days?
You get 8 labs to help you learn about Google Cloud’s IoT Core service and its integration with other services like GCS, Dataprep, Stackdriver and Firestore. Use simulator code to mimic IoT devices, then use what you learn to implement the same streaming pipeline with real world IoT devices. Here’s some of what you will do:
Complete all 8 labs and add the IoT on Google Cloud badge to your resume. Good luck!
What kind of cloud is this?
I don’t know either. Can you think of other types of images that would be useful to classify? For example, if you have an online tire shop, wouldn’t it be cool if your customers could upload a photo of their current tire to find a matching replacement?
AutoML can help your tire shop decrease the number of returns and increase customer delight. And it’s easier than you think – learn how to take advantage of this powerful new tool with a new lab, AutoML Vision API.
Here’s some of what you’ll do:
- You’ll be prompted to log into the AutoML UI. Open the link in a new tab to make it easy to hop between AutoML and your lab manual. Then, you’ll log into AutoML with your Qwiklabs-provided credentials.
- In the AutoML UI, you will see a button for “Billing”. You do not need to worry about billing for this lab, as Qwiklabs covers the cost of this lab for you.
- When you load data into your storage bucket, you’ll set your project name with one of the first commands you run. Find your project name on the left of your lab manual, just below your GCP credentials:
AutoML is currently in beta, so we expect to see constant changes to the user interface. Send any questions to Support@Qwiklabs.com and we’ll be happy to help. Plus you’ll help us keep the lab up to date as the product continues to improve!
Curious about what type of clouds were spotted during our trip to Muir Woods? Here are our model’s predictions:
The model is 99% certain these are cumulus clouds! Prediction certainty and accuracy would be better if we trained our model with more than 20 images per category. When you’re helping customers order tires, you will probably want to use 100+ photos per category.
Big things are happening in Google Cloud. BigQuery ML, for example, just announced at Next ‘18. Even if you weren’t there, you can still take advantage of 33+ new labs released at the conference. And if you haven’t yet seen the new BigQuery interface, you can check it out with a lab.
Here’s what’s new on Qwiklabs:
- Predict Visitor Purchases with a Classification Model in BQML: Use the latest and greatest technology to answer the top question in online retail. Click here to take the lab free of charge, first 25 readers only.
- Classify Images of Clouds in the Cloud with AutoML Vision: AutoML Vision helps developers with limited ML expertise train high quality image recognition models. Take AutoML on a test drive with this lab.
- Managing Cloud Infrastructure with Terraform: #MakeGoogleDoIt – launch your cloud resources, that is. Learn how Terraform can boost your team’s efficiency, by creating configuration files that can be shared, treated as code, edited, reviewed, and versioned.
- Kubernetes Solutions: Work hard, play harder. Use Kubernetes to run dedicated gaming servers, plus 7 more advanced Kubernetes use cases in this Quest.
- Network Performance and Optimization: If you’re the one they call when the network is down, these labs are for you. Learn how GCP can help you sleep at night with better network speed, performance, and reliability.
- Challenge Quest: Your company is ready to launch a brand new website, but the person who built the new site left the company before they could deploy it. Your challenge is to deploy the site in the public cloud. This and six other scenarios make up the Challenge Quest, to test your skills in a simulated crisis. Good luck!
If you have an Advantage subscription, all of this new content is included in your subscription, no extra charge. Not a subscriber yet? Use promo code NEW33 for 33% off your first month. Promo code is valid through August 1o (Friday).
Good luck on your next Quest!