Big things are happening in Google Cloud. BigQuery ML, for example, just announced at Next ‘18. Even if you weren’t there, you can still take advantage of 33+ new labs released at the conference. And if you haven’t yet seen the new BigQuery interface, you can check it out with a lab.
Here’s what’s new on Qwiklabs:
- Predict Visitor Purchases with a Classification Model in BQML: Use the latest and greatest technology to answer the top question in online retail. Click here to take the lab free of charge, first 25 readers only.
- Classify Images of Clouds in the Cloud with AutoML Vision: AutoML Vision helps developers with limited ML expertise train high quality image recognition models. Take AutoML on a test drive with this lab.
- Managing Cloud Infrastructure with Terraform: #MakeGoogleDoIt – launch your cloud resources, that is. Learn how Terraform can boost your team’s efficiency, by creating configuration files that can be shared, treated as code, edited, reviewed, and versioned.
- Kubernetes Solutions: Work hard, play harder. Use Kubernetes to run dedicated gaming servers, plus 7 more advanced Kubernetes use cases in this Quest.
- Network Performance and Optimization: If you’re the one they call when the network is down, these labs are for you. Learn how GCP can help you sleep at night with better network speed, performance, and reliability.
- Challenge Quest: Your company is ready to launch a brand new website, but the person who built the new site left the company before they could deploy it. Your challenge is to deploy the site in the public cloud. This and six other scenarios make up the Challenge Quest, to test your skills in a simulated crisis. Good luck!
If you have an Advantage subscription, all of this new content is included in your subscription, no extra charge. Not a subscriber yet? Use promo code NEW33 for 33% off your first month. Promo code is valid through August 1o (Friday).
Good luck on your next Quest!
If you haven’t enrolled in the machine learning Quests mentioned in this blog, you’re missing out! One last chance for free labs, follow any of the Quest links in this post and get a 30 day pass to finish these Quests. Hurry, offer expires Thursday, June 28 (free of charge, no CC required).
Tackle any of the Quests from the roadmap below to become a ML master. If you’re a beginner… begin at the beginning 🙂
Earn a machine learning Quest badge or two, get practice with real-world scenarios, and make the most out of your time at Next ‘18 with some ML rockstars. Who might you meet at Next ’18?
Fei Fei Li is a Chief Scientist of Cloud AI and ML at Google Cloud. She works in the areas of computer vision and cognitive neuroscience. Her publications include Scaling Human-Object Interaction Recognition through Zero-Shot Learning and Social GAN: Socially Acceptable Trajectories with Generative Adversarial Networks. Get hands-on practice with Cloud AI at scale with the Machine Learning APIs Quest.
Or you might run into Valliappa Lakshmanan. Lak is on a mission to democratize machine learning so anyone can do it using Google’s infrastructure. Check out his latest book, Data Science on the Google Cloud Platform, explaining how to apply statistical and machine learning methods to real-world problems. And try it for yourself with a lab from the Scientific Data Processing Quest!
Take some labs ahead of time, gain a little experience, and ask better questions at the ML sessions offered at the Next ’18! Check out these sessions:
Can’t get enough of machine learning? When you register for Next ‘18, you will have the option to add some of these ML boot camps:
- End-to-End Machine Learning with TensorFlow on GCP: You’ll go through the process of building a complete machine learning pipeline, covering ingest, exploration, training, evaluation, deployment and prediction.
- Building and updating a Machine Learning Model on Edge Network using Cloud ML: You’ll learn how to process and store IoT or other data using Cloud Pub/Sub, Cloud Dataflow, Cloud Storage, and Google BigQuery.
- Building Chatbots with Machine Learning: You’ll use Dialogflow and Cloud Natural Language API to rapidly convert an HR manual document into a fully functional and conversational chatbot. You’ll also add text and voice interactions to the chatbot and secure and scale it for production.
If you can’t make it to Next in San Francisco, take classes worldwide. Find one here.
To make the most of your time at Next ’18, enroll in these ML Quests by Thursday, June 28 (free of charge, no CC required).
Fun fact: there are 1,829 open positions for machine learning engineers on LinkedIn. Do you want to become a machine learning engineer? It’s easier than you might think, and we can help with a Quest or two.
Tackle any of the Quests from the roadmap below and become a ML expert:
1. Enroll in Baseline: Data, ML & AI Quest – If you’re new to ML, it’s a perfect Quest! You’ll work with big data, machine learning and artificial intelligence services in Google Cloud, like Dataproc and Bigtable. Enroll now and get a free 30 day pass to earn this badge, plus as many others as you can (free of charge, no CC required). Hurry, link expires Thursday, June 21.
2. The Machine Learning APIs Quest: This is the next step in your ML journey. You’ll capture text strings from images, recognize characters translate text into other languages using Cloud Vision API, Natural Language API and Translation API. You’ll even build a responsive chat bot using Google Cloud Dialogflow and train & deploy a TensorFlow model to Cloud ML Engine for serving (prediction).
3. Enroll in Scientific Data Processing: Ready for a challenge? Tackle this Quest next. You’ll explore public domain scientific data sets, and learn to manipulate and transform data using the power of Google’s cloud infrastructure.
Can’t get enough of machine learning? Want to know what’s Next? Stay tuned for Part 2!