Got an idea so crazy it just might work? Google’s AI for good team wants to hear it. Just announced, Google.org is calling for organizations around the world to submit ideas for solving societal problems with AI. If your idea is selected, you will receive Google.org grant funding from a $25M pool, support and consulting with Google’s AI and cloud experts, and more resources to help your idea become a reality.
Not sure where to start? There’s a lab for that. Learn about AI, machine learning and GCP tools, and how they come together in real-world scenarios. Then apply what you learn to approach societal problems you are passionate about. For a limited time through November 24, use the links in this post to claim 45 free Qwiklabs credits, good towards any lab in the catalog. Just enter promo code 1q-165 – it sounds crazy, but it just might work!
- The Cloud ML Engine: Qwik Start lab is an excellent starting point if you’re new to GCP. This lab assumes little to know prior knowledge, and by the end of the lab you have built a TensorFlow model, trained it both locally and in the cloud using Cloud ML Engine (CMLE), and used GCP’s online prediction service.
- Classify Images of Clouds in the Cloud with AutoML Vision: The Zoological Society of London is using AutoML to protect endangered species. Try it for yourself with a lab.
- Scikit-learn Model Serving with Online Prediction Using Cloud Machine Learning Engine: This 4+ star lab teaches you how to train a simple scikit-learn model, upload the model to ML Engine, and make online predictions against that model.
- Translate Text with the Translation API: Can you think of how smooth, seamless translation might be part of your solution? Learn how to take advantage of Google Cloud’s translation API in just 30 minutes. Talk nerdy to me!
- Integrating Machine Learning APIs: Now that you have API experience, learn how to use multiple APIs to construct a pipeline that compares an audio recording with an image and determines their relevance to each other. This is an advanced level lab, so if you find yourself in trouble, check out this intro to APIs lab.
- Real Time Machine Learning with Google Cloud ML: While a delayed flight is a minor inconvenience compared to societal problems like protecting endangered species and forecasting catastrophic flooding, it is certainly not fun to be stuck in an airport far from home. (I’m writing this in an airport by the way!) This lab teaches you how to create a real-time flight delay prediction service using Google Cloud Platform services. Can you think of how you might apply what you learn to other scenarios?
Get artificial intelligence training with these Google Cloud labs, then submit your ideas at https://ai.google/social-good – good luck!