SQL was developed in the 1970s but don’t think it’s too old to learn new tricks. SQL remains the most in-demand skill for data analysts, and it’s getting more powerful by the day with the help of cloud technology.
Cloud SQL hosted on GCP, offers high performance, vertical scalability and convenience. Why not see for yourself? Just released, enroll in the new Cloud SQL quest by Tuesday, November 30th and you’ll get a 1-month pass to Qwiklabs to get practice Cloud SQL on GCP (free of charge, no CC required). Here are some of the labs that you’ll take to earn your Cloud SQL badge:
- Dealing with flight delays? There’s a lab for that! Load Data into Google Cloud SQL to build data model to test consistency between flight arrival and departure time.
This lab uses code samples from the Data Science on GCP book and covers configuration of Google Cloud SQL. You’ll prepare your environment by cloning the code samples on GCP repository and then create a Cloud SQL instance. After importing flight data from CSV into Cloud SQL, you’ll write queries to build a data model:
Take the quiz to reinforce your understanding:
2. You still haven’t built a website for your cousin, and the holidays are just around the corner? There’s a lab for that! Learn how to build a website qwikly and cheaply with the App Engine and WordPress lab.
- You’ll create a Console project with Cloud SQL instance and storage bucket, and configure them to sync with your WordPress blog. Then set up a dependency management tool for PHP, Composer:
Is your Composer output similar to the one from the lab? Share your results @Qwiklabs.
Tip: Having trouble with step 3 of creating your WordPress project? You’ll need to enter the credentials from connection details. Find them on the left side of your lab manual:
Last, you’ll activate Cloud Storage plugin to deploy and configure your project. This plugin lets you upload media files to the Cloud Storage bucket and serve them from there. Be sure to test your knowledge and show off your results @Qwiklabs:
3. Want to learn how to develop applications with mobile responsive design but don’t have the time? There’s a lab for that! Build Apps with Google App Maker in a fraction of time with little (or even no) coding experience.
- When you’re done, your app will have a Cloud SQL database to set up business data models, maps integration to locate your business and mobile responsive design. It’ll look like this:
Complete the quest and don’t forget to add this shiny new badge to your resume.