Are you ready for Next week? Join Google Cloud for the event of the year. Grow your network, grow your skills, and learn about the growth of Google Cloud – what’s happening now, and what’s next. And even if you’re not in San Francisco, join a Next event near you. Find one here.
Get a head start today by familiarizing yourself with key cloud concepts. Cloud training is available online, on-demand and on the real cloud console (not a video, lecture, or slideshow). Check out these hands-on labs, and follow any of the links below in the next 24 hours and you’ll get 25 Qwiklabs credits free of charge to help you start your Google Cloud training journey:
- Kubernetes training – get an intro to GCP tools with the GCP Essentials Quest, then learn how to make container orchestration part of your own workflow with Kubernetes in the Google Cloud. Want a challenge? Deploy game servers on clusters and run the Cloud Vision API with the Kubernetes Solutions Quest.
- Data Engineer training – Did you know there are over 1,500 data engineering jobs on LinkedIn right now? Get your first experience with data tools like Cloud SQL, BigQuery, APIs, Bigtable, Dataproc, Dataprep, and Cloud ML Engine with the Baseline: Data Quest (Mark can help guide your path!). Then work with Dataproc, Tensorflow and more with the Data Engineering Certification Practice Quest. And if you’re looking for a real resume boost, consider getting certified.
- Machine Learning – Familiarize yourself with key concepts with the ML APIs Quest. And aspiring data scientists, there are labs for you too. The Data Science on the Google Cloud Platform Quest, just released, gives you hands-on experience with Tensorflow, Dataflow, and Data Studio.
Complete a Quest and you’ll earn a badge. A badge shows your “flight time” with Google Cloud, and differentiates you as someone with hands-on GCP experience. Click this link → log into Qwiklabs → you will get 25 Qwiklabs credits to help you tackle your next Quest. Hurry, link expires in 24 hours.
See you next week!
The U.S. will be celebrating its 242nd year of independence on July 4th. Set your own “independence” day – learn new skills and take your career where *you* want to go. Enroll in any of these Quests by Monday, July 8th and get a 30 day pass to earn these badges (free of charge, no credit card required). What skills can you add to your resume?
- Baseline: Infrastructure Quest: Learn to use Cloud Storage, deploy a containerized application with Google Kubernetes Engine, build a Docker image, create and deploy a Cloud Function, publish and consume messages, create a Cloud IoT Core device registry and use Cloud Spanner. Here’s the badge you’ll earn:
- GCP Essential Quest: This Quest has the best of both worlds! While it helps you get more comfortable with the Google Cloud, like spinning up a virtual machine, it also challenges you to configure key infrastructure tools through working with more advanced Stackdriver and Kubernetes concepts. Tackle the Quest to earn this badge:
- Application Development Quest: Think you’re a Java Jedi or a Python powerhouse? Well we’ve got challenging Quests for you! In these two Quests, you’ll either put your Java or Python skills to test by developing cloud-based applications using GCP services such as App Engine, Cloud Datastore and Cloud Spanner. Then integrate these services and deploy to an App Engine and a Kubernetes Engine. Are you excited to earn these badges?
4. Scaling Your Infrastructure Quest: Not for beginners! If you’re ready for an expert level Quest, this one’s for you. Learn how to: set up multiple NAT gateways, deploy an autoscaling Compute Engine, customize Stackdriver logging, set up Jenkins on Google Kubernetes Engine to help orchestrate your software delivery pipeline and use Spinnaker to continuously deploy the application when changes are made. You’ll earn this badge:
Celebrate your own independence day with us. Enroll by Monday, July 8th, get a 30 day pass (free of charge, no credit card required), and take charge of your career!
Fun fact: there are 1,829 open positions for machine learning engineers on LinkedIn. Do you want to become a machine learning engineer? It’s easier than you might think, and we can help with a Quest or two.
Tackle any of the Quests from the roadmap below and become a ML expert:
1. Enroll in Baseline: Data, ML & AI Quest – If you’re new to ML, it’s a perfect Quest! You’ll work with big data, machine learning and artificial intelligence services in Google Cloud, like Dataproc and Bigtable. Enroll now and get a free 30 day pass to earn this badge, plus as many others as you can (free of charge, no CC required). Hurry, link expires Thursday, June 21.
2. The Machine Learning APIs Quest: This is the next step in your ML journey. You’ll capture text strings from images, recognize characters translate text into other languages using Cloud Vision API, Natural Language API and Translation API. You’ll even build a responsive chat bot using Google Cloud Dialogflow and train & deploy a TensorFlow model to Cloud ML Engine for serving (prediction).
3. Enroll in Scientific Data Processing: Ready for a challenge? Tackle this Quest next. You’ll explore public domain scientific data sets, and learn to manipulate and transform data using the power of Google’s cloud infrastructure.
Can’t get enough of machine learning? Want to know what’s Next? Stay tuned for Part 2!