Have you heard of IIoT, Industrial Internet of Things? Enterprise companies are discovering and experimenting with IoT in industries from manufacturing to energy to automobiles. As companies recognize more consumer and industrial uses for IoT, demand for IoT expertise is rising.
Set yourself apart by earning the new Google Cloud IoT badge. Click the link below to enroll by Friday, October 12, and you will get a free 30-day pass to the entire Qwiklabs lab catalog, including the new IoT labs. Think you can earn the badge in 30 days?
You get 8 labs to help you learn about Google Cloud’s IoT Core service and its integration with other services like GCS, Dataprep, Stackdriver and Firestore. Use simulator code to mimic IoT devices, then use what you learn to implement the same streaming pipeline with real world IoT devices. Here’s some of what you will do:
- IoT Qwik Start: Join Jenny for a [VIDEO] demo of key IoT concepts – you may have taken this lab already, giving you a head start on the quest!
- Streaming IoT Data to Google Cloud Storage: In this lab configure Cloud IoT Core and Cloud Pub/Sub to create a Pub/Sub topic and registry on GCP, then use this topic to ingest data streaming from a simulated IoT device.
- Building an IoT Analytics Pipeline on Google Cloud Platform: This lab shows you how to connect and manage devices using Cloud IoT Core; ingest the steam of information using Cloud Pub/Sub; process the IoT data using Cloud Dataflow; use BigQuery to analyze the IoT data.
- A Tour of Cloud IoT Core: build a simple IoT system. Simulated devices publish data to their telemetry feeds, the server then decides the devices’ state using IoT Core.
- Using Firestore with Cloud IoT Core for Device Configuration: Learn how to configure Cloud Functions for Firebase to relay document changes in Cloud Firestore as configuration updates for Cloud IoT Core Devices.
Complete all 8 labs and add the IoT on Google Cloud badge to your resume. Good luck!